2014 GMC Sierra 2500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 2500:

2014 GMC Sierra 2500 Owner Comments

Feb 032014

Sierra 2500

We have problems starting the truck. You cant just turn the key it takes you wiggling it and pulling it out of the ignition some times flipping your key just a pain in the neck. Had it checked a year ago and they said it was the way we were sticking the key in and it wore down the key. So they made us a new key. It worked for a week or so and went right back to doing the same thing. So now we just dealt with it. Till now.... now it takes about 3 to 5 mins to get the key to turn and is out of warranty and I really think it was an ignition problem not a key problem. The truck only has 55,000 miles on it. Im so frustrated with my new truck. I have a 04 Suburban 223000 miles on it and still have no problems with turning the key.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Feb 112016

Sierra 2500

Power steering failure. Power steering pump failed making the vehicle difficult to steer. Upon making a left turn at low speed steering failed and could not turn into my rv resort entrance off the main roadway. I had to come to a stop, continue backing up & pulling forward enough to try to complete turn. Had to have truck towed to a GMC dealer for service (power steering pump replaced). Leading up to failure, a few times the truck would be difficult to turn but it would last only a few seconds. After having it replaced it again happened over the weekend I will contact GMC in the morning. I am pulling a 15,000 lb. 5th wheel rv with this truck & not feeling confident in my safety after this incident.

- N Grafton, MA, USA