1. cluster panel repair (1 reports)
2004 GMC Sierra 3500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 3500:

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Owner Comments

Jun 022014

Sierra 3500 5

This was a recall issue, but at the time of the recall the cluster panel was functioning so it was not eligible for the recall. Once the truck started to get close to the magical 80,000 mile mark, the cluster panel failed. GM knew these cluster panels were faulty, all should have been replaced!! Not just the ones that were failing. GM should be going back thru all these recalls and correct these problems as they testified. If I was an inexperienced driver my speedo was not working correctly, so I could of thought I would actually going 40 mph vs 80mph or even more. I used the tach and counted the number of times the truck shifted to determine what gear I was in to guess my speed.

- , Waukesha, WI, USA