2003 GMC Sonoma cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sonoma:

2003 GMC Sonoma Owner Comments

Feb 172005

Sonoma LS 2.2L

I purchased my GMC sonoma Oct 2003 with 8miles on it!!! It was a great truck till Feb 2005 @ 14,995 Miles....I was driving from SE Georgia to Jacksonville, Florida Airport approx. 85Mile trip. As soon as i hit the FL/GA state line I noticed the windshield becoming very blurry. I take a look at my gauges, everything was fine....Then all of a sudden I hear a bang and my check gauge light goes ON.....i pull to the side of the freeway and open the hood discovering my FAN & Fan shroud, a piece of pipe (atop the water pump) was missing, AC compressor, Radiator. AC condenser, belt, and Intake Pipe were all damaged!!...Same problem appeared again in Aug 2006, this time in Sacramento, CA....After the vehicle was repaired under warranty...I sold it with 22,000 Miles on it....Ill never buy GM again!!!Back to Toyota I go.......

- , San Jose, CA, USA