2011 GMC Terrain body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Terrain:

2011 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Jun 292011

Terrain 6-cyl

I was on the interstate in cincinnati, Ohio when a deer crossed over the jersey wall onto the roadway as I was just beginning to exit. I hit the deer at a minimum speed of 45-50mph. My airbag did not deploy. Although I was unharmed I am concerned about the failure of the airbag to deploy given my speed and front impact. My vehicle has also recently had an intermittent issue with sudden loss of power that has been attributed to the stability control system. Given the recent rash of incidents surrounding GMC vehicles and the lack of recalls on the Terrain vehicle, I am reporting these incidents at this time as I am concerned that they may be indicative of broader problem with the Terrain model of vehicle.

- Union, KY, USA

Jun 212011

Terrain 4-cyl

I was going to a 930 am doctor appt@the cancer clinic, with my husband & father as passengers. I was in the left turn lane northbound attempting to turn into the hospital. It was 910 am. There was a lg. Delivery truck opposite me in the southbound left turn lane. As I pulled in the southbound lane, easing forward to ensure clearance the other car behind the delivery truck pulled out and around the truck and sped up to go through the intersection to make the lightthat was amber at this point. My father said that her head was down and she didn't look up until just before impact. There were no skid marks & the impact was high on the pass. Side of my vehicle rocking us up onto 2 wheels on the drivers side & then back down on all 4. my vehicle was T-boned on the front passenger side. The lady came out from behind the delivery truck at the last second, changed lanes & proceeded into the intersection at the same time I was trying to turn left. At this point the light was yellow. I have, I do believe 8 air bags, with 8 sensors in the Terrain's. also I have a full subscription to onstar which also has crash sensors in my car. * one air bag went off nor did any sensors**. onstar did not call me after the crash to tell me that they would be sending help, ambulance, police etc. My injuries were: Contusion to left side of head above ear. Scalp wound above right ear, with permanent indentation to right side of my head,2 small cuts right side of forehead. Black eyes. Pain in neck & stiffness. Right eye socket @ eye brow swollen. Husband: Seatbelt bruising, neck pain/stiffness. My father, neck pain, stiffness, scraped skin on instep of right foot. This formal complaint is with General Motors, GMC Terrain, & onstar for not 1 airbag having not gone off/deployed, nor did onstar make any effort to contact me. I contacted both GM & onstar & they did nothing to compensate me.

- Waynesville, OH, USA

Jan 102012

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that the vehicle would vibrate excessively when being driven over 30 mph with both rear windows opened. The contact stated that the vibration was so severe, that it would cause headaches for those riding in the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer who advised that there was a design flaw within the vehicle that was causing abnormal wind pressure and vibrations. The dealer stated that there was not a repair available that would remedy the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Michie, TN, USA