5.3

2012 GMC Terrain brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Terrain:

2012 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Feb 072013

Terrain 6-cyl

The vehicle has been in the shop for 10 to 12 times due to failure with the engine misfiring as well as traction control lights and stability trac as well as transmission not shifting right and loss of power while driving on major highways and brought into the dealership where they tell me they can find or make the problem reappear. But have shown the dealership service department video and have had 3 general motor techs that they hired from hp and been told the vehicle is safe and that there will be no more problems but have been in the vehicle while the problems have happened and have it on video to the point where I almost lost my life yesterday night. The vehicle is a death trap and many customers including myself on GMC Terrain forum as well as online have had the same problem and have been told the same thing that it is nothing to worry about but it is. Please help have been told by GM to keep my mouth shut they would offer me 5,000 dollars for my troubles and that my kids are worth that much from a legal advisor at General Motors legal. Have ask to be taking out of the vehicle for something safe and still I'm being told no......please help

- Easton , PA, USA