2.3

2012 GMC Terrain seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Terrain:

2012 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Feb 202015

Terrain

I purchased my 2012 GMC Terrain from clay cooley in irving, tx on 01/05/2015 with an extended service contract. I have had issues with this vehicle ever since. I took the vehicle in for service and was told the service contract would not cover my issue and that the issue was caused by lack of maintenance, which is not the case as I maintain the oil in this vehicle and even had to purchase a new battery for the vehicle recently. I am attaching a picture of the condition of the battery shortly after the vehicle was sold to me to where I contacted my sales agent and he advised me to check my service contract. This car's engine repeatedly stops, especially when approaching a red light or stop sign or at the moment of acceleration. I have had to avoid many accidents due to people driving up on me because I should have been accelerating at the time but my car turned off. The battery would die on this car on a weekly basis which caused me to purchase a battery and there is still no progress in the vehicle. There are electrical issues as well as the lighting in the car gets dim when we are in the dark but bright when the sun is out. Also, the seatbelt for the passenger's side constantly rings sending a notification that the seatbelt needs to be latched, even when no one else or nothing else is in that seat. I fear that one day I may need that air bag and it might not work because the seatbelt appears to be faulty. Also, another issue, which is not necessarily a safety issue, but an extreme nuisance and also maybe an electrical issue is the car radio and volume will freeze at any given moment and the car has to be stopped and idle for a period of time before the radio is active and able to turn channels again. The safety issues for this car is real and I am in fear that I will get hit from behind due to the faulty engine.

- Coppell, TX, USA