2.9

2013 GMC Terrain accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Terrain:

2013 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Sep 012016

Terrain

I was driving in the rain and my front windshield wipers went out. I had to pull over and stop to avoid having an accident. I could hear the motor running but they would not move. I parked my car, got a ride home and went back and picked it up when it stopped raining. The next day I took it to the shop and dropped it off for repair. I was told that it was the transmission that was inoperable, but the warranty would not cover this. I paid $285.21 to have this repaired on 9/9/16. The following day in the mail I received a recall notice from GMC stating that their was a recall on my windshield wipers. I called GMC and explained that I had just paid to have them repaired. I spoke to jaylen and she stated that the dealership was aware of the recall and should have called GMC first and she would check with them. She called back in about 3 days stating GMC didn't event have the parts to repair the wiper and they would let me know if I would be reimbursed by them once they received the parts. That was 2 months ago and I have yet to hear from anyone. My vehicle was dropped off on 9/2/16 and not returned to me until 9/9/16. I was given a rental car that was covered under my warranty due to the length of time it took to repair.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Nov 162016

Terrain

The contact owns a 2013 GMC Terrain. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V582000 (visibility); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- New Hartford, CT, USA

Nov 152016

Terrain

The vehicle was in motion at night on highway 95 in a storm when both the windshield wipers stopped working, frozen in an upward fashion. The wiper on the drivers side went off the windshield all together. I had to then move the car over 3 lanes of traffic, while being unable to see, safely to the break down lane. There is a recall on the wipers of this vehicle that has not yet been remedied. Recall #: 25302.

- West Boylston, MA, USA

Oct 022016

Terrain

The window wipers have stopped working while I was driving on the highway in the rain with my family. I had a mechanic look at it and put the ball joint back in the socket. The fix worked for a couple of weeks till it happened again. I have contacted the service center at the dealer and was told there was no permanent fix for this recall. My concern is that this may lead to an accident if driving during a heavy storm.

- Wheaton, IL, USA

Aug 022016

Terrain

The contact owns a 2013 GMC Terrain. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V582000 (visibility); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oklahoma, OK, USA

Sep 012016

Terrain

The contact owns a 2013 GMC Terrain. While driving 40 mph in the rain, one of the windshield wipers detached and obscured the driver's vision. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V582000 (visibility) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Sep 282016

Terrain

I was driving to work on highway rt. 3 going approximately 52 miles per hour. It was raining very hard and my windshield wipers just stop working. I almost ran into the car in front of me, when I put on brakes my vehicle slide off of the road. The car behind me cut in front of the vehicle in the next lane and he almost crashed. This was regarding a recall of the windshield wipers that GMC sent me earlier this month. I called them and they stated that it is not a complete recall and they are not responsible for getting it fixed. I have to pay out of pocket, if I want my vehicle repaired.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Sep 162016

Terrain

Last week I was driving home while it was raining and both my front windshield wipers stopped while I was driving. I nearly had an accident and I had to abruptly pull over. I took my car to the dealership two separate times, after this occurred, and they informed me that GMC has no remedy to fix this problem. I contacted GMC directly and they told me there was nothing they could do either because they haven't identified how to fix it. I received a recall letter also.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Sep 212016

Terrain

Windshield wipers stopped working, cannot drive in the rain. Received a letter about a recall. (campaign id 16V582) called GMC's home office as well as two dealerships and am being told because there is no remedy for the problem yet, I have to pay out of pocket for the repairs to be done and then wait to be reimbursed by the dealer when the recall has been remedied, which one dealer said could take years. I am a single guy living on my own and my income is very tight from month to month, and I don't feel that I should have to pay for this repair due to faulty craftsmanship by GMC. Also, I'm being lied to by these dealers for the repair cost. The GMC rep told me that a temporary fix would cost $70-$140, every dealer is quoting me $400+ and I simply cannot afford that, I feel that this is absurd and needs to be repaired with no cost out of my pocket.

- Branford, CT, USA

Sep 082016

Terrain

The wiper transmission disengaged from the wiper motor causing the wipers to not function. This happened while driving in a rain storm causing loss of visibility.

- Franksville, WI, USA

Jul 182016

Terrain

7/18/16 while driving in a downpour today on a busy road, the wiper linkage ball joint which attaches the linkage to the motor failed. This made the wipers stop and immediately all forward visibility was obscured. It made it very difficult to find a place to pull off while slowing down in traffic. I was very lucky to not hit someone or something. The parts stores sell an entire new linkage assembly for around $150. The nylon linkage assembly hangs upside down which is a very dangerous flaw in the GMC design and should be looked into to prevent tragedy. Respectfully, lucky guy

- Mullberry, FL, USA

Mar 032016

Terrain

Wiper transmission failed during rain storm for no apparent reason.

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Jun 132015

Terrain

My wife was driving 65 miles an hour on the interstate in the pouring rain, and her windshield wipers suddenly stoppped working, causing an immediate and total loss of vision. Luckily, she did not wreck, but this was a very dangerous situation that could have ended very badly. I removed the trim covering the wiper motor, and found that the transmission linkage arm that connects the wipers to the motor had become disconnected. The nylon bushing that holds it in place was very badly worn. There is no direct replacement bushing available, so I replaced it with a bushing that sort-of fit. As you can imagine, this repair only lasted about 2 months. The same thing happened again to my wife two days ago. She was on her way to work (in the pouring rain, no less) when the linkage arm again disconnected. She was on a narrow bridge across a river that was undergoing roadwork at the time it happened. Again, she was badly frightened and shaken up by the ordeal. Luckily, she was not involved in a wreck. This time, I ordered a new wiper transmission for her car. It came at a cost of $175, with a one week wait for it to be delivered. In the meantime, my wife is without a reliable car. I have seen this complaint enough that I believe GMC should issue a recall and reimburse repair costs.

- Orange, TX, USA

Sep 032013

Terrain 4-cyl

This is a life threatening situation. At night the top 3/4 of my windshield goes dark. I cannot see oncoming cars, road lanes, or side lines. This is like driving through overly tinted windows....when turning on unlit roads cannot see a thing. I cannot drive this car after dark..prisoner of the clock. My dealer tells me this is his fifth complaint re this matter. Help!!!!

- Canton, OH, USA