4.4

2013 GMC Terrain drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Terrain:

2013 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Terrain

I have a 2013 GMC Terrain. I bought it used in 2014. It had one previous owner. When I bought this car, I didn't notice the abnormal noise it makes. While the car is either in driver or reverse, it makes a weird ticking noise coming from under the front hood. The noise goes away in park. However, the noise can only be heard when the car idols at a certain RPM. The car makes a rattle like sound when the rpms are low, like between 500 to 1500. For example: When I'm cruising down town at speeds of about 25-45mph, I can here the rattle sound. When I back into my garage, the noise can be heard even louder because the garage amplifies the sound. When I use cruise control to accelerate, it does not make this noise. Only when I put my foot on the gas pedal. When I take my food off the gas, or speed up, the sound goes away. It's not a low oil tick sound. It's a little different, like something is loose and rattling. This noise has always been there but it took me a while to realize it.

- New Bern, NC, USA

Dec 152014

Terrain

GMC Terrain hesitates in shifting between gears. Tachometer shows engine speeds up between shifts, causing a stall/ learch forward between shifting happens more when warm then when cold. Happens consistently after transmission is warmed up.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Sep 292014

Terrain 4-cyl

I notice my car was jerking a little so I took it to the dealer to see what the problem was, the service guy told me I need my air induction clean (cost will be over $200), this cleaning has something to do with my transmission. I have only had my vehicle for a year and the transmission needs cleaning, really. Should this be covered on warranty. A couple of days later, I received a letter in the mail stating a recall on vehicle with E85 fuel system, so call the nearest dealer and see if my vehicle is cover. My question is: Does the E85 have anything to do the air induction system.

- Horn Lake, MS, USA

May 012014

Terrain

The contact owns a 2013 GMC Terrain. The contact stated while stopped on an incline and pressure was released from the brake, the vehicle rolled backward and the engine stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who could not diagnose the problem. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 14,945.

- Annaheim, CA, USA