3.9

2013 GMC Terrain miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Terrain:

2013 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Terrain

I have a 2013 GMC Terrain. I bought it used in 2014. It had one previous owner. When I bought this car, I didn't notice the abnormal noise it makes. While the car is either in driver or reverse, it makes a weird ticking noise coming from under the front hood. The noise goes away in park. However, the noise can only be heard when the car idols at a certain RPM. The car makes a rattle like sound when the rpms are low, like between 500 to 1500. For example: When I'm cruising down town at speeds of about 25-45mph, I can here the rattle sound. When I back into my garage, the noise can be heard even louder because the garage amplifies the sound. When I use cruise control to accelerate, it does not make this noise. Only when I put my foot on the gas pedal. When I take my food off the gas, or speed up, the sound goes away. It's not a low oil tick sound. It's a little different, like something is loose and rattling. This noise has always been there but it took me a while to realize it.

- New Bern, NC, USA

May 162013

Terrain 4-cyl

While decelerating from about 35 or 40 mph when you apply the brakes then come to complete stop the vehicle on the rear end will start to loudly thump, it starts out slowly thumping and begins to speed up and when you start to release the brake it begins to slow down and stop once one begins to accelerate. We have had the issue ongoing for about 3 months now, it started about 2 or 3 weeks after we got the vehicle and it has been in the shop about 6 times. The vehicle had about 2200 miles on it and the dealer said it was a 'like new' loaner vehicle. The mechanics said they thought it was a exhaust, something with the rear brakes, or maybe a panel in the back of the vehicle, they have tightened, and replaced almost the entire rear of the vehicle and the problem still persists. They cannot figure out the problem and I am afraid it might become a safety hazard. The dealer has called GMC and the dealer said GMC will not do anything for us.

- Rochester, NY, USA