7.9

2015 GMC Terrain electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Terrain:

2015 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Apr 142015

Terrain 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 GMC Terrain. While driving 20 mph at night, the low beam headlights did not fully illuminate. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it could not be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 8,500....updated 02/03/16 updated 03/09/16.

- Olean, NY, USA

Aug 262015

Terrain

radio stopped functioning on August 26th. There was no volume, I could not change the stations by steering wheel or touch. The bluetooth would not work. The dash lights would not turn off and remained on the entire evening. I called GMC support and they said to unplug the battery, but I did not do so as I didn't want to mess anything up. I took the car in to the dealership the following day. I was told they see this issue often and by unplugging and resetting the battery, it will fix the issue. Problem resolved. radio stopped functioning again on September 2nd. Same issues as above. Took the car in and was told this time that it has something to do with onstar and they are working on a fix. Until they have a permanent solution, I was told if the issue happens again to press the white button on my rearview mirror. Problem resolved. radio stopped functioning again on September 3rd. Pressed the white button on the rearview mirror for over 20 minutes before the radio starting functioning properly again. Problem resolved. I called GMC to file a complaint on September 12 because the dealership general manager had not responded to me. GMC called the dealership and confirmed the issue was indeed related to the onstar component and that there is no fix. GMC said that it was probably not safe to drive the vehicle if the dash lights staying on are draining the battery. They went as far as saying they could get me a loaner car until my issue is fixed, but there is no eta. With GMC saying it's not safe to drive with that issue, I'm now not sure what to do with it.

- Olathe , KS, USA