1. replace front differential (1 reports)
1999 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 GMC Yukon:

1999 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jul 082008

Yukon Denali 5.8L

with about 96K I went on a road trip in the vehicle---I'm driving along doing fine had driven about 10 hours when I heard a really high pitch squeal coming from the front of the vehicle--As I slowed down so did the squeal--and when my speed increased so did the noise--I stopped and looked at the vehicle but could not see any obvious sign of danger I began driving again but only at about 35 MPH--luckily didn't have much farther to go at that point. after reaching my destination I had the vehicle towed to the dealer and he told me that front differential was bad due to a faulty service I had just paid for on the vehicle before I left for the trip--so he suggested that I replace both front and rear differential for well over 2000. it stopped the noise--but now both of them have slight leaks--of course they are no longer under warranty......

- , L'ville, KY, USA