6.0

1. replace brake lines (1 reports)
2002 GMC Yukon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Yukon:

2002 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Mar 142016

Yukon

2 years earlier, the GMC dealership claimed they changed the brake lines because they said it was the cause of me having a severe accident. This time I was just driving threw town where the speed limit is 20, and the abs light and brake lights came on. I pulled over and shut the car off, and restarted it. The lights came back on when I was pulling into my driveway. I again shut down the car and restarted it and pulled into my parking spot. When in the parking spot, I stepped on the brake harder, and it went to the floor. I did this 3 times. I then shut the car off and looked underneath and seen the brake fluid all over the ground. It is still where I parked it, but will need to get the lines replaced. WTF. Why should this happen? We have vehicles many years older and never had a problem like this before. What is dangerous is that it could happen when you are on a highway at high speeds and you will not know your in trouble until you have an emergency. Very very dangerous.

- , Randleman, NC, USA