2002 GMC Yukon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Yukon:

2002 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jul 272014

The rear door will not open and is locked in place. It was a very hot day and I could not get my luggage out of the back of the car because the door would not open and there was no manual switch to unlock the door from the inside.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Jul 012005

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

Air conditioner began making loud noise with accelaration, than within a few moments began blowing hot air. The compressor and clutch were replaced and within 1 week the problem began again. I know 7 people with GM vehicles and they all are having the same problem with their ac's. it seems to only be a problem when there is high humidity. However when I went to return the faulty compressor and clutch I had purchased it seems they are on nation wide backorder. It seems to me there is a problem here.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 242004

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

Dec 24 2004 I returned to my parked car and started the engine, the front defrost blowers went to high speed and would not shut off. At my next stop I stopped and restarted the car several times but the fan kept running. Removing the keys opening the door did nothing. After removing the fuse to the front havc the fan stopped but started again when the fuse was re-installed. After returning home I disconnected the battery for a half hour the fan stayed off, the controls worked properly. Dec 28th stopping for gas, I turned the car off but the fan cam on again at full speed. I checked on line and it seems several people are having the same problem but the dealers have not come up with a fix. At this time I have pulled the fuse to keep the fan from blowing but it's too cold to be driving with no heat or defrost in the car. When I get home where I have tools I will again disconnect the battery.

- Davidsonville, MD, USA

Dec 302003

Yukon 8-cyl

Blower motor for HVAC system comes on whenever it wants-even with the vehicle turned off. Vehicle has been in the shop 11 times for this same problem. For complete details visit

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Nov 182001

Yukon 4WD

Smoke from engine compartment, then noticed flames coming from engine compartment, due to electrical locks failed and car total loss

- Houston, TX, USA