1.2

2003 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Yukon:

2003 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Sep 062014

Yukon 8-cyl

I was driving down interstate 55 coming from sikeston mo headed to St louis with my family. As I was driving I heard a loud bang and the truck had begun to vibrate after pulling of I noticed that there was fluid leaking out. I had to have the truck towed back the mechanic assumed that the transfer case was gone out but upon removing the transfer case it was the transmission adapter had shatter I had many dealers look at the piece and they said they have never seen nothing like it. The metal gave away for no apparent reason nothing else was damaged except that transmission adapter. It was frightening for my family and myself I would like some answers on why this happened thank you so much

- Sikeston, MO, USA