1. replace encoder motor or seal with rtv (1 reports)
2003 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Yukon:

2003 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Feb 122003

Yukon LS 5.3L

GM technicians were unable to fix the problem permanent until 28000 miles. They replaced every component in that system but the real culprit, which I had helped force them to identify, by coercing them to spray water under the vehicle at the suspected parts until the error message appeared! They did finally fix the problem, but not until I had lost the use of my vehicle many times, up to a month, being lent a vehicle from Enterprise that had brake problems and no brake lights!

I still wonder if the dealership did this on purpose because I negotiated a good deal. But I will never know. If they did, I definitely do not wish them well on that account!

These technicians are not capable of thinking for themselves, nor are they allowed to. There is too much money being made off these poor repair practices by the dealerships, which are hard pressed to make money any other way these days! I think they just try to keep you coming back for more.....for business.

- , Kittery Pt, ME, USA