1. gm rerouted transmission oil cooler clearance (1 reports)
2003 GMC Yukon steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Yukon:

2003 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Feb 152003

Yukon LS 5.3L

This problem was noticed by me because I did my own greasing, and when I had to grease steering fittings, the passenger side one was inaccessible unless I turned the wheels to one side. As I had my wife do that, I noticed that the fitting housing was digging into the manufactured design flawed routed transmission cooler lines. A few more times and they would have ruptured. It took me several times greasing to notice the problem, as I hadn't turned the wheels hard to one side or the other to find it originally. Guess I did not expect a problem there so I didn't check.

After I found the problem, I asked another owner if they had any problems and they told me they were thankful that they had purchased the extended warranty, because they lost their transmission. They told me I was toast because I had not purchased the extended warranty!

I showed the GM Service Manager at the local dealership the problem and they took care off it, replacing the transmission cooler lines free of charge. But had I not noticed?, I probably would have been looking at the repair bill for a new tranny? That definitely would have cost me some buckos!

- , Kittery Pt, ME, USA