4.5

2007 GMC Yukon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Yukon:

2007 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jul 052012

Yukon 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the repair shop for service maintenance. The failure was found in the fuel tank, where there was a leak. The vehicle was repaired by replacing the fuel tank. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue however no assistance was provided. The current and failure mileage was 48,000. Updated 08/07/12 the consumer stated the seal that held the gas tank in place, came apart and caused fuel to leak. Updated 08/16/12

- Long Beach , CA, USA

Aug 102006

Yukon 8-cyl

Vehicle gets extremely low gas, 13 mpg on average. Burns oil. Need to add 2-3 quarts of oil between oil changes. Engine cooling fan stays on for extended periods while driving. All of which the dealership says is normal for the truck. They removed the driveshaft because of clunking at 25K mi. Reaction carrier replaced and transmission reconditioned at 36,663 mi after car stopped in the middle of the street. Car had to be towed in. At 62K miles engine light on and idles rough. Replaced throttle body. At 67K won't engage in reverse and makes clunking sound from reverse to drive. Replaced reverse housing, reaction shell, etc. At 75K had a reaction carrier failure, lost power brakes and lost power to the car. Almost was rear ended. Had to stop in middle of parking lot during christmas rush. Waited 5 min and restarted. Engine light stayed on, but was able to get to dealership. Was told that throttle body needs to be cleaned every 15K miles under service maintenance. This was the first time I heard this! not really sure why it had to be cleaned, though, just had the throttle body replaced 13K miles ago. It seems that there are major flaws in the design of the engine. Obviously, the dealership has been putting band aids on my problem because they don't know how to fix. I have been very lucky that my family and children have not been in a major accident due to the major flaws in the engine designs. Every time I get my car fixed, the tech assures me that they have fixed the problem. I am really afraid to drive this car with so many close calls. The car is a hazard to drive!

- Moorpark, CA, USA

May 012009

Yukon

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the fuel cap would not seal properly, causing the service indicator warning light to illuminate. The dealer made three attempts to duplicate the failure but to no avail. The contact did not inform the manufacturer of the failure. The vehicle was at the dealer where the contact was awaiting further repairs. The VIN was available. The current mileage was 69,000 and the failure mileage was 24,000.

- Mt Carmel, IL, USA

Jan 102008

Yukon

My name is mario moreno, I reside in tucson AZ, I own ad my wife and I drive a 2007 G M C Yukon slt, my concern is our Yukon seems to lunge at times, what I mean is, when we stop our S U V at stoplights, stop signs, or pulling into our garage the RPM raises to what I feel is an unsafe levle.which requires us to apply the brakes in a manner for which I and my wife feel is excessive pressure being applied to the brakes. We have expressed our concerns to our local G M C dealership more than five times in a one year time frame. Their responce is we and our techs, can not duplacate the issue we have expressed! we both feel this is an unacetpable responce. I know that the system inolved is non mechcanicle system that opperates the gas peddle it opperates the the accelorator peddle by the use sensors and or sending units.please advise. Im we are very concerned about oue familys saftey.yours truly mario moreno P.S thank you for your consideration

- Tucson, AZ, USA