1.6

2008 GMC Yukon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Yukon:

2008 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Dec 092015

Yukon

I'm driving and all of the sudden the stability and traction controls lights start flashing, the check engine light comes on and it goes into 1st gear and won't shift out. It takes about 15 seconds to go from driving 60 miles and air down to 10. GMC had it a total of 7 weeks in the winter of 2015/2016 and couldn't find the problem. Doing it again now7/7/2016. Took it to another dealer. They think it's a wiring problem but can't find it either. Told me would just have to drive it till it gets worse. I noticed this last time it messed up that it had been shifting very hard that day. Very frustrating to pay that much for a vehicle you don't feel safe driving. Ready to trade but not sure I have much faith in GM vehicles after all the problems I've been reading about.

- Prairie Grove, AR, USA

Feb 272015

Yukon

While traveling on the interstate at speed (70) the stabilitrac light came on and reduced engine power message displayed. The RPM's went over 4K, then the Yukon slowed in traffic and I had to pull to the side before being run over. The accelerator was unresponsive at that time. I turned off the engine, waited about 5 minutes and then resumed driving using '3' to engage transmission instead of 'd' the check engine light remained on, but I made it to my destination 2 hours away.

- Arkadelphia, AR, USA