6.9

2015 GMC Yukon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Yukon:

2015 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Feb 102016

Yukon

The contact owns a 2015 GMC Yukon. While driving various speeds, the brake pedal was applied and the vehicle failed to stop. The brake pedal had to be pumped several times to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer were it was diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be adjusted. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the brake failure was duplicated and diagnosed that the brake boosters needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 35,000.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Sep 012015

Yukon

Earlier this year I purchased a 2015 GMC Yukon denali. After driving it a short amount of time I realized the brake pedal is located significantly higher than the gas pedal. I've come to realize that the ~4inch gap is causing a severe safety hazard, especially in emergency braking situations. My foot, along with others in the post linked below, often gets caught in the large gap between the gas and the brake, especially when moving quickly. There have been many instances to date where the sole of my shoes has gotten stuck under the brake pedal, preventing me from stopping in time. I've narrowly avoided at least 5 accidents, because of this. Fearing that it is a matter of time before it results in a collision I reached out to GMC to see if there was a fix. They responded and said that the pedals are working as designed and said there was nothing that can be done. I'm very disappointed in their response, especially considering the clear safety hazard it creates. It is a large car, requiring more braking distance than most. Any impedance to the process should be taken seriously especially if it is a manufacturer design flaw such as this. Similar complaints have been voiced in this online consumer thread. One of many that I found reiterating the problem. www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/gas-brake-pedal-distance.67500/

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 162014

Yukon

I just completed a claim for my 2015 Yukon denali, NHTSA id #: 10643049 and read that almost the same exact issues are going on with the 2015 Chevy Tahoe models, see: NHTSA id number: 10638437, 10633519 and 10631583. When will GM see there is a pattern and issue a recall for this transmission issue? in all cases these render the calls un-drivable and having to have them towed.

- Cliffside Park, NJ, USA

Sep 172014

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

I have a brand new 2015 Yukon denali (short wheel base) with less than a thousand miles and a "service 4WD" message that has appeared twice rendering the car extremely unsafe and un-drivable for a long distance and having to have it towed to the dealer twice. A software update was done on the car the first time, only resolved the issue for a few weeks, the issue re-occurred after 3 weeks. When turning the vehicle on the dash gives the message "service 4WD". the car has a transmission button to change from 2wd, auto, 4 high and 4 low. I do not touch this button, I just leave the car in auto and drive. I do not tow anything, this is just a family car used for commuting. When the "service 4WD' message appears, the car is barely drivable. When it is put in reverse, the car just brakes after a few feet, as if the parking brake were on, but it obvious is not engaged. When turning left or right, the car brakes mid-turn and will only complete the turn if 3/4 to full accelerator is applied to continue through the turn. The car slightly bucks through the turn and the engine sounds different and has little power going around corners and going up hills. The car cannot safely be driven in a straight line faster than 40-50 mph. I telephoned onstar and diagnostics were run during both occurrences with the same error message from onstar diagnostics: "the braking system has an issue- transfer case module not working as expected". when will GM issue a recall on this safety issue, I do not feel safe letting my wife and child in the car if it brakes by itself, loses power and cannot complete turns. I purchased this car to have a safe/large vehicle for my family: Service 4WD appears on screen it renders the car un-drivable and the transmission button becomes inoperable and selecting other transmission modes becomes not possible.

- Cliffside Park, NJ, USA