2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid:

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 142008

Yukon Hybrid

Vehicle brake system responds erratically about once every 100 miles. It has caused numerous near miss accidents. This problem has happened on numerous occasions but I'll describe the most recent. I was driving down a local highway at about 50 miles an hour. Traffic was backing up and came to a stop. I hit the brakes (no danger/emergency, just a normal stop). The vehicle slowed normally to about 15 miles per hour and then the brakes "let go" and the deceleration stopped even though my foot was still on the brake pedal. I had to release the pedal and slam on the brakes anew to get the vehicle to stop before slamming in to the traffic in front of me. This has happened several times since and it seems to occur when the vehicle is switching from hybrid to non-hybrid mode and/or when the regenerative braking is cycling on or off. My vehicle is a 2008 GMC Yukon hybrid it's been taken to the dealer at least twice for this problem but nothing has been repaired. I can't recreated the problem on demand, but it happens on average once a week and scares me so much that I don't feel safe driving it anymore. It's just a matter of time before there is a serious accident.

- Sachse, TX, USA

Oct 182008

Yukon Hybrid

Rocks enter a small hole of the rear brakes causing them to be lodged in the brake drum and making it necessary for a mechanic to remove. My concern is that I won't know rocks are in there and they will causing a braking problem resulting in an accident.

- Clarksburg, CA, USA