2.9

2011 GMC Yukon Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Yukon Hybrid:

2011 GMC Yukon Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 232014

Yukon Hybrid

I have a 2011 Yukon hybrid 2wd. On August 234D, 2014 my 5 year old son and I were running errands while en route to his birthday party. At our first destination he noticed some fluid leaking from under the Yukon and said he heard a hissing sound. I thought it was just condensation and continued on. When exiting the vehicle at our second destination I noticed a lot of fluid trailing where I had just driven the Yukon. Upon exiting the parking lot the brakes turned to mush (the pedal went all the way to the floor with no resistance) and I had no braking capabilities. I pulled off into a parking space and put the car in park. When it was taken to GMC, the mechanic found the brake line to be broken and we had to cover the full cost for the repair. On May 29th 2015 a similar incident occurred. I was driving the Yukon to drop my children off at school and upon approaching the drop-off zone I pushed on the brake to slow down and I lost all braking capabilities as the brake pedal went to the floor with no resistance. The stabilitrack maintenance light came on after. In both incidents, there was no warning. I no longer want to be an owner of a GMC Yukon as I fear for the lives of my children when they are in the vehicle.

- West Sacramento, CA, USA