2.4

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid:

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Owner Comments

Oct 012010

Accord Hybrid

2005 Accord hybrid - ima failure, takata recall air bags, and power steering failures. I have taken my hybrid in several times in the last 8 years with the ima and engine light on. Dealer did 2 computer upgrades to "fix" it. "not fixed"; I still have the ima and engine light on. Now no power steering or $1500 to fix that and Honda sent me home with it not fixed - not safe! at one point I had no power as I was driving home from seattle to portland with no accelarator power. It was like I was coasting at 50 mph for about 75 miles until I reached my home. I took it to Honda dealer, they said it would cost me over $4500 to replace the ima, which was under warranty when I first took it in in 2009, 2010, and after. They said "drive your car more". but my ima still comes on since I don't drive much since my stroke in 2012 and don't have $5-10K laying around. This should have been replaced under original warranty and the extended warranties. However, Honda refused to take responsibility. Now that I am beyond 8-9-10 year warranty, they will fix it all for $8-10K. I also have the takata air bag light coming on. I had a stroke in 2012, I cannot pay $5K, $10K, or even $2K. The Accord hybrid was not included in the civic ima lawsuit, nor included in the takata air bag recall because there are only a few of us owners of original 2005 Accord hybrids, but by the complaints I read; all have the same issues. I now have the power steering out and the dealer today sent me home charging me $250 for an oil change and diagnostic; they told me what I told them and have been telling them since 2009 when I inherited it from my dad. Now I'm on disability and can't work. Honda wants me to pay them 10K to fix it all knowing it violates safety and health laws other laws they were sued for. I want Honda to fix my car or give me a new one all for free before I die in the dang car!

- Portland, OR, USA

Dec 272013

Accord Hybrid

After cranking the car the gearshift would not shift out of park. I had to pry the cap off the slot to the left of the P and stick a screwdriver in to release the gearshift and then pull it down to the neutral position. The car would then crank and shift like normal. This has happened many times since but always in the winter. It has happened in both Michigan and Arkansas. I always fear that one day it won't release and I will be stuck somewhere.

- Benton, AR, USA