8.5

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid:

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Owner Comments

Sep 082015

Accord Hybrid

Problem usually occurs during the day and when the weather is hot.  power system problem display comes on and engine service light as well.  turning the car off and on helps but the engine light stays on for another 24 hrs or so before turning off. The car felt like it lose gas engine power and operates electric only. I was going 65mph on the freeway, and when I try to step on the gas peddel, I can maintain that speed as long as the battery had enough power but the gas engine will not kick on.  it was not a pleasant experience as I was driving on the left lane and was quickly trying to move over to the right on a freeway without shoulders.  luckily I was able to make it to the next nearest exit, half a mile away. Had the error msg appear 4 times in 2 weeks.  took the car to the dealer 3 times within that time frame.  my first visit, they didnt see anything wrong, no dtc codes, no check engine light.  second visit, I told them about the software update I saw on this site.  they applied patch tsb 15-057 hv cell voltage sensor (cvs) software update, took the car home, when to work later in the afternoon, and power system problem message came on again. Third visit, no dashboard lights stayed on once again, told them about how it was my 3rd visit in 2 weeks.  tech drove the car for 10 miles, power system problem pops up.  found dtcs codes finally.  code P108 - generator motor inverters, and code 0562 - generator motor control module system low voltage.  tech performed troubleshooting for P108C and reapplied patch, I guess it didnt go thru the first time?  drove it for another 10 miles and found no errors this time. It has been 5 days since my last visit and I have not had the issue since.  also to note, it has not been as hot here in the northeast the last few days.  highs in the 70S compare to 80S-90S when I began having this issue.

- Cranford, NJ, USA

Aug 312015

Accord Hybrid

I was commuting to work, driving on a major, high-traffic highway in the high-occupancy vehicle lane, when warning lights came on, saying there was a power system problem, a brake system problem, and some problem with elevated temperature that meant power was being reduced. I put on my flasher, hoping to make my way across three lanes of heavy traffic to pull off on the right shoulder. But I had no power at all. Luckily, there was a shoulder to the left where I could pull off. (despite the warning, the brakes seemed okay.) this was an extremely dangerous situation, and it was pure luck that no one was injured or even killed. The car is only 4 months old. I had it towed to the dealer. They told me this was "a common problem" with the Accord hybrid and that Honda had issued a software fix that should solve this problem. If this is true, there needs to be a recall so owners will become aware of this problem and can get it fixed rather than waiting until power failures and accidents occur.

- Manhasset, NY, USA

Aug 142015

Accord Hybrid

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord hybrid. While driving approximately 78 mph, the warning message for the power failure, brake failure, overheated powering down displayed on the instrument panel. In addition, the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle decelerated and was merged to the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that a software update was needed and caused conflict between hybrid voltage and engine voltage. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Aug 102015

Accord Hybrid

Driving in middle lane of three-lane interstate at 70 mph, car suddenly shut down without advance warning. Indicator came on stating "battery charging" problem. The turn signals did not work, the emergency flasher did not work, power steering stopped and brakes worked only with pumping and pushing hard, car had no power. With tractor-trailers and vehicles on both sides, in front and in the rear, all going 70 mph the situation was extremely dangerous. Fortunately, I was not hit and with the car's inertia, I was able to eventually get to the shoulder of the road and bring the car to a stop.

- Kingston, TN, USA

Feb 012015

Accord Hybrid

The radio keeps freezing, there are many glitches in it. Sometimes the pandora app does not work. Honda lack to update the system to have apple siri eyes free like its website promised.

- Edgewater Park, NJ, USA