Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: For the 2013 model year, the Crosstour got a facelift and the more-efficient (albeit terribly named) "Earth Dreams" engine. While the newer model now gets better MPG, you're not going to be able to ride for long considering they did nothing to address the terribly uncomfortable seat.

2013 Honda Crosstour steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Crosstour:

2013 Honda Crosstour Owner Comments

Sep 152016

Electronic power steering unit going in and out while driving.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jul 182016

I was driving on a street going 35 mph and all of a sudden my wheel locked up and I was unable to turn the wheel at all. I looked at the dash and the light with the steering wheel and the exclamation mark was on. I proceeded to drive at a slower speed because I was right up the road from my house. Luckily I had no turns to make. This is very unsafe and luckily I was not on the highway or traveling at a higher speed because this would have caused a major accident. I went home and parked my vehicle, the next morning I started the car to get the mileage and noticed that the caution light was off I proceeded to turn the wheel and it was normal. I drove my car to the auto shop. My car has been checked and it has power steering fluid and the mechanic stated all is well with it. My concern now is why did that happen and will it happen again.

- Camilla, GA, USA

Mar 272016

While driving steering light comes on and power steering failed and was a huge safety issue as I could barely manage the car. 2013 with 49000 miles and had to replace a $2500 power steering rack. Similar complaints with 2013 Accord

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Dec 022014

Crosstour 6-cyl

When I started the car, the indicator for a power steering failure was illuminated on the dashboard. The power steering did not function, and there was no power steering assist. The car has been taken to the dealer for diagnosis and repair.

- Smithtown, NY, USA