2007 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Fit:

2007 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 102016

Fit

I received the recall notice (see attachment) from Honda in July 2016. I made an appointment at fairfax Honda for repair. When I stopped by to drop it off the person at the service told me they need to place an order for the part. He said I should be getting a call or an email when it's delivered. I never heard back from them for 2weeks so I called them. They said it's not delivered yet so I will have to wait more. It's now January 2017 and haven't heard anything.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Jul 122016

Fit

Takata recall--despite my numerous calls, our Honda dealer in fayetteville, Arkansas has never arranged to have the issue resolved.

- Siloam Springs, AR, USA

May 232016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available so the contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 072016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 13V260000 (visibility); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mesquite, NV, USA

Jul 052016

Fit

Honda Fit 2007 recall. I received a recall notice in July of this year about a recall repair needed for the vehicle I recently purchased. The recall was for the passenger side airbag to be replaced by then end of the summer and start of fall. I contacted the dealership after I received the notice and was told I would receive a second notice which I never received. My call was transferred over to another department where I left my contact information and a woman called me a few days later stating she would order the part and contact me when it came in. I have never received any other notice or call about it since and I am worried for my safety in this vehicle if it should rupture or cause any other injury to myself or any passengers.

- Pacific Grove, CA, USA

Oct 032016

Fit 4-cyl

2007 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair passenger side inflator recall notice.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Oct 132016

Fit

Takata recall the letter we received from Honda in March 2016 stated, "the remedy parts needed to conduct driver's airbag inflator recalls will become available in the summer of 1016. Honda will send you another letter when parts become available to repair your vehicle." We never received another letter, but heard from a friend that she called her dealer and got the replacement installed. We contacted our dealer who installed a replacement October 13th. However, I suspect that other persons are waiting for another letter from Honda and have not had a replacement yet.

- Madison, WI, USA

Oct 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bonita, CA, USA

Jul 172016

Fit

I received a letter from Honda in mid July saying that I needed to make arrangements to have my air bag serviced. I called 7/17/16 to make the appointment. It also stated to not allow any passengers in the front seat until the repair was made. I am still waiting for my local Honda dealer to get the part. It has been 90 days since I called and made the request. I have been in contact with Honda numerous times and they still do not have the part fro my car. The notice I received said I could fie a complaint after 60 days and I decided to give them some additional time before making the complaint. I am tired of waiting and not being able to have passengers in the front seat. It has been a real inconvenience.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 102016

Fit

Takata recall. First contact with dealer (Honda and Subaru of Santa Fe, nm) 7/30/16. Informed that parts were not available. Second contact 8/30/16 with same result. Now 70+ days since initial contact with dealer. No reply from dealer as of 10/10/16. Inconvenience of limitation of use and possible injury or death makes unresponsiveness of Honda and dealer grossly irresponsible.

- Taos, NM, USA

Jun 302016

Fit

Takata airbag - this vehicle was purchased in Florida in 2007 and has been driven in a hot humid climate ever since. We were notified in June of the recall and since then, Honda have been unable to provide the part or fix the problem. It needs to be addressed now.

- Parkland, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags) was received in July of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Sentinial, CO, USA

Jun 102016

Fit

I received a safety recall notice in June 2016, I called my local Honda dealer and was told the parts would be ordered and be in 4-5 days. Never received a call back. I called them several times and was told the parts are on backorder and they have no idea when they will be in. I called Honda customer service and they did nothing either. Completely kept in the dark, my car was rear ended this weekend, luckily the passenger airback did not deploy or my wife could have been killed.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jul 072016

Fit

Takata recall. Called dealership and ordered passenger airbag parts on July 7th, and again on July 20th when they said my first call was not in the system. I called again on August 20th and they said there was no time in the future when this would be fulfilled. This is our only vehicle, and we do not have room to drive safely in it.

- Hermitage, TN, USA

Jul 062016

Fit

Takata recall - parts not being provided to fix problem. Honda not helping us with alternative transportation, wont even call us back. Use car several times weekly with full passengers. Only one car. Don't feel safe. Have known about recall since 7/6/16 and on their list. Still no fix and no hope to be fixed soon. Car companies are responsible for providing a safe, usable product. Our car is not safe or usable in the manner we need to use it. This has caused much havoc in our regular routine. Honda has been unconcerned about our case.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

May 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Monroe, NJ, USA

Jul 292016

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Studio City, CA, USA

Jul 052016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags) however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- College Station, TX, USA

Jun 272016

Fit

Takata recall I contacted the dealer on 6/27/2016 to schedule recall repair. I called again on 8/25 and they stated part was ordered on 7/19 (more than 2 weeks after my initial request) and is still not in. This delay is causing significant problems as I cannot Transport anyone in the front passenger seat for the last 2 months! still no word on timing of repair. Very frustrating.

- Leeds, MA, USA

Aug 192016

Fit

Takata recall Honda is not resolving my alternative transportation needs while they deal with their recall issues. They gave me a rough estimate of 2019 for replacement parts to fix my explosive airbag. I have waited a week now without a phone call from the department I was instructed to call and I am not being able to safely use my vehicle. This situation is now costing me personally on many levels, both in safety and financial means as I can't use my car. I am asking the government for help by filing this complaint.

- Kingwood, TX, USA