2008 Honda Fit miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Fit:

2008 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Aug 012015

The lock on the driver side sticks and I can't get my key in and the passenger side the key goes in but won't turn.

- Hillsboro, OR, USA

Jan 252014

Bought used 2008 Fit in Jan/2014. Noted water in driver and rear passenger floors/carpet and doors following rain storm. Took wet car to sheehy Ford in mechanicsville (where I purchased it) within the used warranty. Was told they "could not find cause". nothing done. Since then and to date (10/30/2015), water continues to accumulate in these areas following rainfall. Musty/mold odor - where is the recall on this issue?

- Colonial Heights, VA, USA

Jun 152015

Rain water is leaking into the interior of the car from multiple entry points. One identified entry point are cracks in the bonding material between the roof and rear upper side panels that allows water into the spare tire well and rear floorboards. Additional water is accumulating in the front passenger footwell from an undetermined location behind the glove box/dash. This has resulted in mildew and mold growth in the interior carpeting, matting and foam. This is a health risk especially to young children and adults with respiratory conditions.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 122008

When I bought this car I took it on a road test. The TPMS light was on. We returned to the dealer and had them check the tire pressure. After I bought the car the light came on as it wished. One time the car was parked for several hours. I left the parking lot and drove a few miles when I heard a strange zinging sound and felt a wiggling feeling in the seat of my pants. I changed lanes to make sure it was not the pavement, it was not. I pulled over to the shoulder of the road and just as I slowed down I saw the yellow TPMS light come on. I got out of the car and checked my tires. The first tire I checked was the left rear and I found it was completely flat. I got the spare out on mounted it. I check the air pressure in the spare and it was 60 psi. As I put the flat tire into the back of the car I saw a 4 inch hole in the tread of the tire, with a piece of terra cotta colored chunk of ceramic sticking out of the tread. I got home and I dismounted the tire from the wheel and mounted a new tire on the wheel and installed the wheel on the car. The next time I had the yellow TPMS light come on was a year or so later. This time there was no flat tire and I took the car to the dealer to have it checked out. The dealer replace one of the sensors and told me the battery had died. The next time I had a problem with the TPMS was a year or so later. I was crossing a 5 mile long bridge and the light came on. No flat tires this time either. I found that when ever I crossed this particular bridge I saw the TPMS light come on. Finally the light went out and then after some time the light came back on. No flat tire then either. This system is so faulty that it cannot be relied on. The battery life is 5-12 years, average of 7 years and mine did not last the first year! the replacement sensors are $50 which makes them ridiculously expensive for an item that does not work.

- Pearl River, LA, USA

Jun 222015

2008 Honda Fit base model: Floor of back seat and the cargo area behind back seat is wet, and is now growing mold. I have no idea how so much moisture/water is getting into the carpet. I am also concerned that the floors will rust as well. Seriously, Honda step up and issue a recall and fix this issue!! I will be filing a complaint with the ag's office!

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Apr 012013

The transponder key wore out prematurely and damaged the driver's side door lock over several months, then the passenger side door lock, then the ignition, the last of which required replacement. Use of the key became troublesome at roughly four and a half years, but at first only in the driver's side door lock. After having new coded keys cut at the dealer the door locks work reasonably well, but the ignition requires twenty to thirty attempts, if it seats at all. The vehicle is not reliable if key is removed from ignition.

- Mpls, MN, USA

Aug 052011

Fit 4-cyl

My Honda Fit repeatedly stalls from cold engine starts. This has been happening regularly and randomly for the last several months. It will stall both when at a stop (such as at a stop light or sign) and at slow speed, such as when pulling out of a drive or backing up. This stops happening once the engine warms up. I have taken the vehicle to two mechanics, neither of whom has been able to find the problem. I would have thought this to be a problem with just my vehicle and not bothered to report the problem to, except that when I do an internet search about my problem, I find that many, many other owners of 2008 Fits are having the same problem. There is also a "stall" issue recall for 2009-2010 Fits. Thank you.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA