3.2

2009 Honda Fit fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Fit:

2009 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Mar 232012

Fit 4-cyl

On the evening of March 23, 2012, at approximately 6:30 pm, I was driving my Fit on the pa. Turnpike. I suddenly heard a thud from under the engine, which sounded as though a stone had ricocheted off the road surface onto the underside of the chassis. I immediately noticed voluminous grey smoke issuing from the tailpipe. As I was less than one quarter mile from an exit, I took it and quickly pulled over, shut off the ignition, and jumped out. I noticed a large, growing puddle of oil directly beneath the engine. Prior to my shutting off the ignition, I at no time saw the low oil pressure indicator light up on the instrument panel. As it turns out, the oil plug had inexplicably blown out. Since I purchased my Honda Fit, it has been maintained impeccably, as recommended by the maintenance minder and the manufacturer.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA