2010 Honda Fit miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Fit:

2010 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Mar 282016

Fit 4-cyl

2010 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair recall.

- Geneva, NY, USA

Jul 282015

Takata recall my Honda 2010 Fit is metallic blue and the paint is fading. The entire roof is white. Large white spots on the hood and now fading marks on the side of the car. It is only 5 years old and in excellent shape. A 5 year old car and it looks 15 years old. The Honda dealership has not agreed at this time to pay for a full repaint job. They have agreed to pay 70% of the total billfor the roof and hood of the car. My concern is that they will repaint the roof and hood and not the back and sides and then they will fade. I also will need to rent a car while they are repairing the paint. This will bring my total close to $500. This is not my fault and I believe a paint job should last more than 5 years. When I look around a parking lot and see cars older than mine with a perfect paint job I get frustrated. This is not right.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 012015

HVAC (heater/ac fan) does not work for speed #1-3, only works for high speed #4. many owners of Honda Fit 2009 and later have this same issue. Why haven't there a recall?

- Norwalk, CA, USA

Sep 102014

Fit 4-cyl

I was hit on driver side by a older Honda Accord model vehicle year 2000 body type; the Accord was making a left turn on a green light that just changed from red, so he wasn't going fast (im assuming) when he hit me while I was passing the intersection at about 49mph. I want to report the vehicle that I was driving is unsafe and handled poorly, lost total control, brakes and steering locked, rolled over four to five times hitting a traffic light pole; the stability of vehicle is very poor and engine, transmission everything fell apart under the hood. I am requesting for this matter to be investigated, im insured the car is here at my house for now, you have permission to come here to see it or work it out with my insurance company. Thank you and this is serious, you need to check out what happened through those intersection camera's on September 10, 2014 around 1030am, camino real & hwy 76, bonsall California.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Oct 062011

Fit 4-cyl

2010 Honda Fit base while idling or in park I push the driver side power door lock master switchforward to "on" position. Intermittently there is a a high pitch screeching sound. Dealer stated the whole switch needs to be replaced and that it is electrical switch issue with intermittent short. This will be done under warranty. An online search shows that Honda Corp in tokyo (September 2011) has issued a recall of 963,000 Honda Fit and CR-V worldwide (including U.S.) for this same problem. However the dealer said my VIN is not under recall...hmmm?

- Nashville, TN, USA

Dec 012010

With headlights on and heater blower running the headlights dim significantly and the blower motor reduces its velocity, as if an electrical failure is about to occur. Dealer said nothing is wrong.

- Taylorville, IL, USA