2.5

2012 Honda Fit miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Fit:

2012 Honda Fit Owner Comments

May 262016

Fit

Supplemental restraint system indicator (SRS) sensor is lit on dashboard of my 2012 Honda Fit and will not go off. I purchased this car brand new in June 2012. Has been on constantly while driving since May 25, 2016. Today is May 30, 2016. After researching this problem, I discovered I am not alone as many other Honda owners have reported experiencing this exact same problem. Owners manual says that the SRS light means there is a problem ranging from seat belt buckle tension to the side and curtain airbags harness restraints. Research also states that air bags will not activate during accidents while this SRS is lit. Something Honda left out of owners manual. Another problem I read reports about from other Honda owners, after having their SRS light checked by a Honda dealer, was this could mean a defective occupant position sensor and is very costly to replace. Also found during research that there is a campaign against Honda for the recall of the defective occupant position sensor. Don"T know if this SRS light problem has anything to do with the current takata airbag recall, but would be very interested to know if there was a link. I will be taking my car to the Honda dealer where purchased asap to have my SRS light problem checked. In the meantime I certainly hope no one runs into me.

- Edmond, OK, USA