7.0

2013 Honda Fit electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Fit:

2013 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Fit

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the driver side window became inoperable intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 17,000.

- Melbourne Beach, FL, USA

Oct 142015

Fit

Service reminder came on for oil change. Now 10 different warning lights are lit, the speedometer and tachometer will not work, the air conditioner will not come on, and the vehicle is hard to steer. The D for drive is randomly blinking.

- Greenwood, LA, USA

Sep 182015

Fit

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Fit. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the front of the vehicle seized after the brake pedal was depressed. Prior to the failure, the vehicle made an abnormal noise. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the failure could not be diagnosed however the rotors, the brake pads, and the tires were replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 23,653. The VIN was not available. Updated 02/10/16

- Fallbrook, CA, USA

Aug 182014

Fit

The battery on this car dies constantly, with no provocation but when a garage checks it out, it always reports as a good battery. The first incident, I was driving and pulled over for a 20 minute nap with the air on with the car in idle. The battery "died" and after I had the vehicle off for an hour, it worked again. It's happened again numerous times since then, including dying after I had the car off but my 4-way blinkers on due to running out of gas. It's gotten so bad that when I idle for 5 minutes the battery "discharges" and the ignition won't turn over. I have to let the car sit completely off to turn the ignition over after a 5 - 10 minute wait. This happened several times until, on my way to work, I pulled over to take a road side nap for 5 minutes. The car was in idle with the headlights on and the phone charger plugged in. The car died and I lost a full day of work! but it only dies for the ignition, the accessories will all work. The dealer told me that nothing could be done because "the battery for this car is so small idling discharges it. So you can't idle anymore." They would not replace the battery. I accepted and went on my way. Then, later that week, I went to see a movie. I had everything in the car shut off, but I left my phone charger plugged in to the power outlet, without a phone to charge. The car died again and I needed my friends to give me a jump! same scenario, all the accessories worked, just the engine wouldn't start. I took it to the dealer again and they refused to replace the battery and said "well not you can't leave the phone charger plugged in anymore when the car is off--that can really drain a batter." That makes no sense. That is the equivalent of you leaving your (off) coffee maker plugged in and powering down your house! no one has given me any other explanation. This seems like a design defect when one can't idle a car.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Sep 012014

Fit

Static shock upon inserting key into ignition. Occurs intermittently and is currently ongoing. Don't recall date of first occurrence but was first reported to Honda on 10/21/14. Honda could not duplicate problem and indicated no similar concerns have been reported. Was advised to touch something metal before inserting key. Have never experienced this issue with any other vehicle I previously owned. Have concerns about how this may effect the electrical components and general safety of the car's performance.

- Penfield, NY, USA

Jul 012013

Fit 4-cyl

Dash board not visible when driving in bright light. No daylight lighting control for dashboard. Unable to read gauges or warnings.

- Portland, ME, USA

Nov 142013

Fit 4-cyl

TL- the contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start. The vehicle was towed to the dealership. The failure occurred three times. The diagnosis of the vehicle was that the battery was discharged. The vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred. There was not a second diagnosis offered by the dealership. The failure mileage was 1,900 and the current mileage was 1,900. The consumer stated the air bag issue has not been resolved. It has been over 90 days. Updated 08/02/16.

- Yellow Spring, WV, USA

Jan 202014

Fit

My new 2013 Honda Fit caught fire while parked. I bought a new 2013 Honda Fit on August 10, 2013. On August 23rd the car would not start, needing a jump start from a mechanic. I drove the car to dch Honda in oxnard. The mileage on the odometer at the service center was 491 miles. The car was tested and no problem was found and I drove the car back home. The service report says: 'customer states it had to be jumpstarted, advise. Cnd inspected system. Unable to verify customers concern at this time. Battery checks out okay at this time..was inspected/tested 3 times..' on January 17th when I opened the two rear windows using the drivers seat switch, they went down about 3/4 of the way and were stuck there. I tried several times but they remained stuck. They did go back up to the closed position, but not down all the way. Also the driver's side front window was erratic. Sometimes going up and down and sometimes sticking. I made an appointment from my computer asking for an appointment for electrical problems with the windows and took the first appointment available which was for Friday January 24, at 1pm. On the afternoon of January 20th my car caught on fire. The car was parked outside, all the windows rolled with no one in it. The car had 1300 miles on the odometer. I was inside my home at the time and had not been outside that day and the car had not been driven. I notified my insurance company and called dch Honda who instructed me to have the car towed to their service center which I did. The car has been at the Honda dealership since January 20 and is still there. I have been told by the dch service manager that Honda company does not find that the fire was caused by electrical problems. I have been told that there has been an investigation of the fire and I have asked for a copy but they haven't sent it to me.

- Ojai, CA, USA

Apr 232013

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the doors failed to open. After 30 seconds, the doors were able to be opened however, the anti-theft alarm also activated. The contact was able to enter the vehicle and start the engine, deactivating the anti-theft alarm. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 841.

- California, MD, USA