2013 Honda Fit miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Fit:

2013 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Jun 142016

My 2013 Honda Fit caught fire on 14jun2016. The cause of the fire remains unknown, but it should be noted that there have been recalls having to do with fires with this vehicle. I was driving on the NJ turnpike, and while I was in the car, the vehicle's engine began smoking, there was a fire on the passenger side as well as on the floor in the rear of the vehicle between the driver/passenger seats and the back seats. I suffered second and third degree burns on my hands and arms as a result of this incident, was taken to the emergency room, had several follow ups with the burn surgeon and also had to start therapy for post traumatic stress disorder. Accountability for this incident is highly necessary.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Oct 142015

Service reminder came on for oil change. Now 10 different warning lights are lit, the speedometer and tachometer will not work, the air conditioner will not come on, and the vehicle is hard to steer. The D for drive is randomly blinking.

- Greenwood, LA, USA

Aug 182014

The battery on this car dies constantly, with no provocation but when a garage checks it out, it always reports as a good battery. The first incident, I was driving and pulled over for a 20 minute nap with the air on with the car in idle. The battery "died" and after I had the vehicle off for an hour, it worked again. It's happened again numerous times since then, including dying after I had the car off but my 4-way blinkers on due to running out of gas. It's gotten so bad that when I idle for 5 minutes the battery "discharges" and the ignition won't turn over. I have to let the car sit completely off to turn the ignition over after a 5 - 10 minute wait. This happened several times until, on my way to work, I pulled over to take a road side nap for 5 minutes. The car was in idle with the headlights on and the phone charger plugged in. The car died and I lost a full day of work! but it only dies for the ignition, the accessories will all work. The dealer told me that nothing could be done because "the battery for this car is so small idling discharges it. So you can't idle anymore." They would not replace the battery. I accepted and went on my way. Then, later that week, I went to see a movie. I had everything in the car shut off, but I left my phone charger plugged in to the power outlet, without a phone to charge. The car died again and I needed my friends to give me a jump! same scenario, all the accessories worked, just the engine wouldn't start. I took it to the dealer again and they refused to replace the battery and said "well not you can't leave the phone charger plugged in anymore when the car is off--that can really drain a batter." That makes no sense. That is the equivalent of you leaving your (off) coffee maker plugged in and powering down your house! no one has given me any other explanation. This seems like a design defect when one can't idle a car.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA