2015 Honda Fit fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Fit:

2015 Honda Fit Owner Comments

Jul 182014

Fit

At times the car will stall when going around a corner. It seems like the fuel injection stalls out temporarily. I have taken the car to venice Honda in Florida twice. I was informed that nothing more can be done. I have the recall letter from Honda. NHTSA recall 15V-559. When I wrote to american Honda motor company in California they replied that they need lots more info before they can reimburse me. Apparently whoever wrote this does not know that customers do not have to pay anything on a safety recall. I don't want money, I want the problem fixed before I get hit from behind. It mostly stalls in city traffic making a turn and sometimes taking off from a stop light.

- North Port, FL, USA

Apr 012016

Fit

My car suddenly started to shimmer and have a fluctuation in power as I was driving on the interstate at 60 mph. I had to move over two lanes to park on the shoulder and turn off the engine. The following warning lights were on: Malfunction; traction control; power steering and the tire pressure light was blinking nonstop (it was on solid prior to the incident). I was not safe on the shoulder with cars flying by on the interstate. I pressed the start button and after a slight hesitation, the car started. I was able to drive a half mile on the shoulder and get off the interstate so I was in a safer location. The car's power was inconsistent as I drove this half mile. All the warming lights remained on. I had the car towed to the Honda dealer's shop. The Honda shop was able to replicate the same problem and warning lights that I reported. They said the high pressure fuel pump had failed and replaced it. They did not provide any explanation what the part failed. The car only has 12,000 miles on it and has had all the scheduled service and recalls addressed, now that the high pressure fuel pump has been replaced the car runs normal again. Exactly two weeks before this incident, the same Honda dealer shop changed my oil & filter and performed the scheduled maintenance checks and they replaced the plug top ignition coil per a safety recall. I have wondered if there could be a relationship between the failure of the high pressure fuel pump and the dealer shop having replaced the plug top ignition coil. I have the Honda dealer paperwork supporting my reports. The car's shimmering and loss of power on the interstate put me in serious danger of a car accident.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Feb 162016

Fit

Unintended and sudden acceleration. November 2015 the car was making a right hand turn into a parking space, while pressing the brake the car suddenly accelerated the brakes did not work, the car traveled about 70 feet before stopping. Took it to tom wood Honda all they checked was the brakes and said it was fine. Update: February 2016 making a right hand turn into a parking space at a panera bread gently tapped the brakes the car accelerated and went thru the door at panera bread. Tom wood Honda checked the brakes says its fine and released it to the collision center. I am making lease payments on this car but when it's repaired it is staying at the lot. It accelerates on it's own and is going to kill someone. I cannot allow anyone in my family to drive it. I also cannot afford insurance wise to drive a car I know accelerates when it decides to.

- Jeffersonville, IN, USA