9.3

2016 Honda HR-V drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

2016 Honda HR-V Owner Comments

Jun 092015

HR-V

The seats and seating position in the Hr-V are very dangerous. The seat is so uncomfortable and due to this, I am sitting so close to the awkwardly placed steering wheel that in the event of an accident, the airbag would probably not protect me. The cvt in the Hr-V is so unrefined that when I lift off the gas pedal a little, not all the way, at speeds under 40mph, the car engine brakes so severely that I have to use my left foot to put on my brake lights immediately. I was warned by a fellow commuter that I'm at risk for being rear ended. I've driven for 45+ years and never had a vehicle so burdensome and difficult to control. Total loss of money on my part. Honda seems like they don't care about the buyer. They make sure to only allow 5 minute test drives. I didn't notice these problems until about 10 days after purchasing the vehicle.

- Sammamish, WA, USA

Aug 032015

HR-V

Automobile stalled without warning at low speeds, this lead to near collision at intersection as the car became disabled in the middle of the road, car required multiple restarts to safely get it into a automobile service station; Honda road side assistance dispatched a tow truck and vehicle was taken to local Honda dealership where after inspection I was advised that the vehicle required a new throttle body

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA