2016 Honda HR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

2016 Honda HR-V Owner Comments

Apr 212016

HR-V

The contact owns a 2016 Honda Hr-V. the contact stated while driving approximately 48 mph, the contact's rear ended another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. In addition, the driver's side seat belt fractured. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to her chest and neck that required medical attention. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure was 1,200. The VIN was not available.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

Jan 092016

HR-V

Dec. 30, 2015 I purchased a Honda Hr-V LX, on Jan. 9, 2016 2:34 a.M. I was driving home on a city street and suddenly the drivers side steering wheel airbag deployed unexpectedly causing my view to be obstructed, resulting in the automobile leaving the road causing extensive damage to the right side front & back wheels, tires, wheel assembly and undercarriage. A trucker witness the event and immediately called the police. He stayed with me because I quickly got out of the car since I thought it was on fire due to a strong fire odor a smoke. I've never experience anything like this before until my mother arrived. At 2:50 a.M. 2- birmingham police officers surveyed the car and issued an incident report for damage since no accident took place, meaning I didn't hit anyone or anything and no body damage was seen, I was about 5-mins from home. I was more shaken up that injured. My nose was just sore for several days and did not require medical attention. Since my new Honda was not drive-able, the aaa road service was called, the towing service arrived at 4:10 a.M. and I had it towed backs to to the dealership where I purchased it. They said that this was highly unusual, I must have hit a pot hole in the road that caused the air bag to deploy. The road in questioned that I was on is a newly paved road, no the pot hole assumption didn't ring true. There was thought a pothole leaving the dealership December 30, 2015 when I purchased the car and the airbag did not deploy then. I contacted Honda America and was advised to file a claim with my automobile insurance company. My car is still at the collision shop with total damages $9,282.92. I will be glad to furnish you with the Honda case number: 04389710 & police incident number:.2016-00005625, and alfa claims number:

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Oct 172015

HR-V

Driver 1 traveling eastbound in the blvd and gets distracted and collided to parked vehicle 2. driver 1 swerved the wheel to the right to control the car but vehicle 1 overturned and came to rest.

- Clayton, MO, USA

Sep 182015

HR-V

Pedal brake makes a "click" sound when is pressed driving at over 35 mph. Honda service tech at local dealer says is expected as the pedals has links and switches after brake pedal. Louder "click" sounds at the area of gear shaft plastic cover in parking position when car is stationed and brake pedal is pressed. Honda service tech. Says is expected once this model has electronic parking brake with switches in that area. At front of the passanger side in the dashboard a visible line that rises a structure under the plastic liner in a rectangular shape whit a line crossin from side to side, increasing its appearence with the heat by sunlight exposure. Honda service tech. Explains is expected in all this models once the air bag would deploy through that apparent window when is properly triggered. Rear camera image´S screen sporadically blurs and tremble when is dark and low ouside illumination is present. If window switch is deppressed at that moment either up or down and keep extra pressing would show in the camera screen a low and high discrete illumination, like that seeing in a voltage variation in light bulbs. Since all scans, inspections, and comparisons with alike vehicules, done at the local dealer service deparment, passed as expected, is my personal concern of safety and quality of the product to post and or share this information for possible safety issues that may arise related to this observations.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA