2016 Honda HR-V wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

2016 Honda HR-V Owner Comments

Jun 222015

T.P.M.S. - light comes on regularly, without tires being at incorrect pressures. Random occurrences sometimes tires are low, sometimes they are perfectly set. This is a "safety issue" and concerns me, as this could cause a wreck. The tire pressue monitoring system is faulty, Honda repair facilities have been unable to correct the issue. I have repeatedly taken it to two (2) Honda dealerships' service departments - one in brunswick, Georgia (nalley Honda), and the other was in loves park, Illinois (napleton Honda). Technicians and service managers in both places have stated that Honda "does not have a fix for the issue". I have advised american division of Honda's corporate office in California concerning this issue. This is an ongoing problem, wherein Honda still does not have a fix for the problem. Their TPMS system on the 2016 Honda Hr-V is unsafe, unreliable and will lead to crashes. Thus far, I have been told to simply "perform a reset" if the dashboard light irritates me...

- Poplar Grove, IL, USA

Jan 092016

Dec. 30, 2015 I purchased a Honda Hr-V LX, on Jan. 9, 2016 2:34 a.M. I was driving home on a city street and suddenly the drivers side steering wheel airbag deployed unexpectedly causing my view to be obstructed, resulting in the automobile leaving the road causing extensive damage to the right side front & back wheels, tires, wheel assembly and undercarriage. A trucker witness the event and immediately called the police. He stayed with me because I quickly got out of the car since I thought it was on fire due to a strong fire odor a smoke. I've never experience anything like this before until my mother arrived. At 2:50 a.M. 2- birmingham police officers surveyed the car and issued an incident report for damage since no accident took place, meaning I didn't hit anyone or anything and no body damage was seen, I was about 5-mins from home. I was more shaken up that injured. My nose was just sore for several days and did not require medical attention. Since my new Honda was not drive-able, the aaa road service was called, the towing service arrived at 4:10 a.M. and I had it towed backs to to the dealership where I purchased it. They said that this was highly unusual, I must have hit a pot hole in the road that caused the air bag to deploy. The road in questioned that I was on is a newly paved road, no the pot hole assumption didn't ring true. There was thought a pothole leaving the dealership December 30, 2015 when I purchased the car and the airbag did not deploy then. I contacted Honda America and was advised to file a claim with my automobile insurance company. My car is still at the collision shop with total damages $9,282.92. I will be glad to furnish you with the Honda case number: 04389710 & police incident number:.2016-00005625, and alfa claims number:

- Birmingham, AL, USA