2011 Honda Insight suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Insight:

2011 Honda Insight Owner Comments

Feb 042012

Insight 4-cyl

I had my 2011 Honda Insight for about a year and lost control in the snow at about 25 mph and crashed into the curb. My front right side sustained extensive damage and was fixed by Honda, and paid for by my insurance. It turned out that my front tires we completely worn out at about 16,000 miles. I thought it was just a bad set of tires, but about 1 year later, during an oil change, I was told my tires were worn out again. This time they went for about 17,000 miles. I contacted Honda and they told me it's my problem because they don't "warranty tires". however, they chose the tires and you can't drive a car without the tires. Firstly, it's unsafe to put tires that erode so quickly onto cars. Secondly, any savings one gets with decreased fuel usage is completely obliterated by having to replace tires, ditto with petroleum product savings.

- Woodcliff Lake, NJ, USA