2013 Honda Insight seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Insight:

2013 Honda Insight Owner Comments

Sep 032016

I was never notified from the manufacturer that my new car was under recall for a year. I only found out when I took it in to get regular service. My son bought his car, also a 2013 Insight, and he was never notified. I am livid. Please hold them accountable for notifying owners there is a danger.

- Bowie, MD, USA

May 152015

Takata recall. It has been 1 1/2 years since I purchased this car, and I have heard nothing from the dealer (who sold me the car to begin with), the manufacturer or anyone else. I live in New Jersey where car accidents are common and I drive around 100 miles a day. Why can't my dangerous airbag be fixed or some other option like a rental, etc.

- Brick, NJ, USA

May 302016

The Honda Insight 2013 apparently has defects in the oil consumption level. I was driving my car a month ago with my oil service renewed completely at a dealershop and suddenly a month later the car started to show me signs of (oil change need to repair) and an emission system signal on the front led screen inside the car. I knew at the moment it was not my fault for not putting the oil on time but it was the car's oil consumption level I know this by experience because on the other cars it does not happen but the Honda Insight does. It also made a large clunk noise which meant that I had to put more oil inside the car to keep the car from not functioning anymore. There needs to be a recall for this type of vehicle because I feel like I am not the only person that has this type of problem.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Apr 202016

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Insight. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,598.

- Oak Park, IL, USA

Dec 122013

Insight 4-cyl

My car was hit at 60mph, from a run away car fleeing the police, on the front passenger side. My car then flipped onto the driver side rotated 180 degree, rolled over and slid 100ft to stopped on the passenger side. My car stopped with two wheels in the air. The major complaint is only the passenger curtain airbags deployed. The passenger side airbags, driver side airbags, and driver curtain airbags did not deploy. My injuries were glass in my eye, seat belt restraint injuries, neck & back pain. I would like to file a complaint that the passenger side airbags, driver side airbags and driver side curtain airbags did not deploy during the accident.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA