1. replace head gaskets (1 reports)
1996 Honda Passport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Honda Passport:

1996 Honda Passport Owner Comments

Jun 012009

Passport EX 3.2L V6

I would suggest to stay away from Honda Passports! They are truly bad news. Really a Honda Passport is just an Isuzu Rodeo so do not be fooled by the Honda logo because the car drives, looks, feels, and breaks down just like a true blue Isuzu. My engine had a slight ticking noise when I bought it but after a month it turned into a loud knocking and I took it in to a mechanic and was told that varnish build up in the engine was causing the problem and that it is a very common problem with Passports and he told me to fix it would be $2000 and upwards. So I decided to live with it. Then a month later I went to check the oil and there was no oil in the car! I just had an oil change one month earlier and all of a sudden all the oil was gone which I discovered is another common problem with Passports. Anyways I got rid of the idiot of a car real quick and vowed never to get another Passport or any Isuzu vehicle for that matter.

- , Logan, UT, USA