6.0

1997 Honda Passport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Honda Passport:

1997 Honda Passport Owner Comments

Oct 292006

Passport EX

I bought my Honda knowing that the belts needed to be tightened. I got them tightened and about a week later one was cut to pieces while I was going down the highway. So bought all new belts, put them on and now the new ones want to scream now. You put belt dressing on them but it does nothing but make it louder when it rains. If you put it on when it is dry, you can go about 5 miles and they start up again! Is there some kind of pulley that needs to be replaced or something? Please help! Also about the automatic transmission, there needs to be a note under the hood saying that there isn't a dipstick. I looked for a very long time before I found that out.

- , Greer, SC, USA