1.8

2001 Honda Passport suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Honda Passport:

2001 Honda Passport Owner Comments

Feb 042016

Passport

My husband and I bought this vehicle a few days ago. Today he took it in to get a tune up and oil change. When the mechanic had the car lifted he recognized a significant amount of cracks/rust frame. The plastic gas tank is about to fall out of the metal casing that surrounds it, it is almost completely ate away. There is also a frame crack due to rust on the passenger rear frame behind the rear tire. The mechanic advised that we not continue to drive this car until the issue has been resolved due to our safety. We found some information on a recall pertaining to the same problems that were occurring on our vehicle: news.Honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=5798-en when we searched our VIN number no recalls showed up, even though the car was bought, sold, and driven in what Honda refers to as a "salt belt" state. Not sure why my vehicle was not included in the recall as it is having the same safety issues as the vehicles that were recalled are having. Please advise why our vehicle was not included in this recall when it clearly has the same issues as the vehicles that were. Thanks for you time.

- Milan, IN, USA

May 172011

Passport 6-cyl

A few years back my trailing linkage on both sides of vehicle rusted away from frame. The drivers side was first and I was traveling at 50 mph. Hit pot hole and drivers side linkage broke off. Causing me to fish tail in traffic and almost crash. Now I have two cracks in my frame and the rear cross member is rusted through. I have also had the fuel tank support fixed and welded back onto my truck. This will cost me thousands to fix to hopefully make it a drivable vehicle again. Or. american Honda can buyout these vehicles from these owners.

- Bellevue , PA, USA

Oct 162013

Passport

The contact owns a 2001 Honda Passport. The contact stated that while driving downhill at approximately 35 mph, the vehicle began to pull violently in one direction. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, who informed the contact that the entire frame was completely rusted. The vehicle was not repaired. Additionally, the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign id number: 10V436000 (suspension) in 2012, which failed to prevent the frame rust problem. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Sep 232012

Passport 6-cyl

The driver's side linkage that connects the rear axle to the frame separated completely due to corrosion. I took it to Honda for the recall, which service bulletin 10-079 states Honda will pay for vehicles less than 10 years old at the time of the recall (Sept 2010)), and they determined the damage was so bad that they would not attempt to fix the vehicle. I feel I should be reimbursed for my vehicle since the defect has caused such extensive damage as to render the vehicle unsafe.

- Marshfield, WI, USA

Dec 012001

Passport

Consumer states the vehicle drifts to the right, vehicle has had 2 separate wheel alignments performed and the vehicle has not been off pavement/road and has been used only under normal driving conditions, consumer states the vehicle is still experiencing a noticable drift to the right and will have to return to the dealer for the third time.

- King George, VA, USA