1. replace ignition switch (1 reports)
1997 Honda Prelude electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Honda Prelude:

1997 Honda Prelude Owner Comments

Feb 152000

Prelude SH 2.2L Vtech

Car stalled several times with a year.....on 2/15/00 I was driving at 45mph, my speedometer and tachometer went to zero.some lights lit on the dash. A few minutes later the car dies. Everything is functional, car cranks and battery is fully charged. I bring it to the Honda dealership, they state its the ignition coil. I payed $260 for this, i went to pick up my vehicle and it didn't want to start...now im furious!!!! The mechanics start on it again, telling me I have to leave it again!!!! The next day they tell me it was the ignition switch shorting, and It would cost over $400 to repair less the $260 already spent. So im pissed, but I need my car, so I pay for it......Now in 2009 I find out there was a recall on this in 2002 (which there is)!!!! Honda has paid me back the money I spent including towing and storage fees 7yrs later,,,,nice!!!!

- , San Jose, CA, USA