2006 Hyundai Azera lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Azera:

2006 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 262008

Azera

I purchased a 2006 Hyundai Azera two years ago. I called to tell Hyundai usa that the driver side headlight low beam was not operating with a full field of light, it appears to have a shield over the top half of the light. This creates a sharp distinctive shadow and a very short field of light when driving in darkness and is not illuminating a safe amount of the road. I have talked to Hyundai usa and two different Hyundai dealers about it and the problem goes unacknowledged. They all say they have not heard of this problem although they do attempt to adjust it. They have all said that the light is pointed down to avoid blinding the oncoming traffic, but if the driver is not provided with enough light to see in front of him, he is virtually driving blind. This is a real driving hazard. I am now aware of the recall 08E-021 concerning the replacement lamps on Hyundai, but they are not addressing the headlights that are original to the car.

- Purcellville, VA, USA

Sep 302006

Azera 6-cyl

My 1006 Hyundai Azera has a dark shadow covering part of the left headlamp. In night driving, this results in limited vision on the left side of the road. Dealer told me there's a black dot on the left headlamp which is supposed to reduce glare of my headlights for oncoming vehicles. However, this limited vision may actually result in a collision with a pedestrian or vehicle. Dealer told me headlamps are set to spec and cannot be adjusted. It seems to me, that my safety should supersede the comfort of oncoming vehicles.

- Ocala, FL, USA