2006 Hyundai Azera lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Azera:

2006 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 012015

Azera

Vehicle brake lights dim when headlights are off. Also, high mounted center brake light does not illuminate during braking when headlights are off. The center brake light briefly lights for a 1/2 second, then shuts off. This can be dangerous particularly in daytime driving, if headlights are not on full or in automatic setting.

- Wilmette, IL, USA

Apr 092015

Azera

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Azera. While operating the vehicle, the driver side headlight was misaligned and caused the light to project to the ground. The failure diminished the driver's visibility. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 08E021000 (exterior lighting). The contact stated that the vehicle experienced the same failure listed in the recall. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Cottondale, FL, USA

Jul 252008

Azera

While driving at night the headlights dim drastically while the car is downshifting while slowing to a stop. Each time the car downshifts the lights dim. I have taken it in multiple times to the dealership and even shown them the tsb pertaining to this issue and they have yet to fix this issue. Every time I take it in to the dealership there is some excuse why it is happening and it generally centers around supposed corrosion on the battery terminals or I need my battery replaced. After cleaning terminals, replacing battery, and whatever else they suggested, the headlights still dim. They refuse to do the fix as described in the tsb and say that everything checks out fine and there is no need to replace anything, except the battery which didn't fix the problem. The first time I brought this up was in 2008 and multiple time per year since with no resolution. It keeps getting worse every year with the amount of strain on the system and aging of the vehicle. I fear that something or someone is going to dart out in front of me when this is happening and I won't be able to react in time since my headlights are not projecting their full distance when this happens.

- Goddard, KS, USA

Feb 012006

Azera

I have been disappointed with my Azera's headlights on low beam since it was new! I mentioned it to my dealer's service writer some time after I noticed many other owners were complaining about the sudden black area very close to the front of the car! he seemed ignorant of the complaint. I have since tried to get home before dark as my home is on a winding part of hwy 101 on the olympic peninsula in Washington. The headlight fixture definitely should be replaced!

- Brinnon, WA, USA

Feb 222006

Azera 6-cyl

Visibility is greatly impaired when using low beam headlights. Distinct horizontal "shadow line" makes driving difficult and dangerous due to lack of visibility. I have adjusted the headlights upward as far as I can safely go but, this did not eliminate the problem. Hyundai claims everything is "normal". I have had to limit my night driving for the last 6 years because of this issue.

- Milford, NJ, USA

Sep 102011

Azera

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Azera. While driving approximately 30 mph the contact depressed the brake pedal and noticed the lights on the instrument panel became dim as well as all of the exterior lights on the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technicians was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000.

- Somers, CT, USA

May 012011

Azera

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Azera. While driving approximately 30 mph the headlights began to dim intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The failure was not diagnosed by the dealer or mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 81,000.

- Encino, CA, USA

Mar 152011

Azera 6-cyl

Headlights dimming and going out intermittently that can cause a fatal accident. While driving at any speed, headlights dim and do out for seconds. I almost hit a guard rail on a curve on the highway. One dealership told me dimming was normal, another said I need a battery cable harness. This appears to be an electrical problem and the manufacturer said that the headlights are out of warranty. Clearly this is something that should be investigated to see if there are more problems that have not been reported. It appears that there were some recalls due to headlight problems but no mailings went out. Can you please investigate this problem?

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 162011

Azera 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that when driving at any speed, the headlights would begin to dim abnormally before shutting off and would re-illuminate independently within a few moments. The failure recurred intermittently and the vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the failure was normal. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 77,000. Updated 4/01/11 updated 1/13/2012

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 012009

Azera

2006 Hyundai Azera limited - I have a problem with the head lights and dash board lights dimming on and off randomly for about one year now. The problem does not happen if you are on the highway going about 60+ mph. I've brought my car into 3 dealerships. The 1st dealer said it was the battery harness which they changed and didn't solve the problem. They also wanted to sell me a new battery. The 2nd one said they'll never find the problem and save my money and take my wife out to lunch or trade the car in, and the 3rd dealer said they heard about the problem and fixed it once but can't remember how. The problem is a safety hazard and Hyundai should find a fix.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Feb 172007

Azera

I own a 2006 Hyundai Azera and I have been so concerned about the driver's side headlights. They do not project out properly. There is a very, very noticeable shadow causing a totally unlit part of the road. I have seen over 23 complaints on this year model and make of car on one site. There has to be something that can be done to eliminate this vision problem. There have been reported accidents because of this problem and I fear there will be many more accidents because of this defect. It is my understanding the dealers and Hyundai are very much aware of this problem, but refuse to correct it.

- Kountze, TX, USA

Jan 152007

Azera

I have owned MY2006 Hyundai Azera for over 3 years, and have complained regularly to both the dealer and Hyundai that the lowbeam headlights were a safety problem. They fail to throw enough light to illuminate enough of the roadway ahead to see safely. 3 years ago the dealer checked the alignment, and said they were adjusted to the mfg. Spec's, and couldn't be improved on. Today Hyundai told me they would not deal with it. The dealer will not deal with it either. I also have another newer model Azera, that has great lowbeam headlights. I feel this is a major safety factor, and the mgr. Needs to come up with a solution. I have found many other owners of 2006 Azera's who have been complaining about this same problem. I use my hi-beams when I can, but normally I cannot drive with them on with any traffic. There are several Hyundai owner websites, all of which deal with this problem, and they cannot get any satisfaction from Hyundai to solve the problem.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA

Feb 082010

Azera

I own a 2006 Hyundai Azera 4 door. The front headlamps do not reflect out sufficiently. The driver side lamps reflect down and create a severe blind spot and extremely poor visibility. I took vehicle to a local Hyundai dealer and was told nothing can be done to correct this safety hazardous. I went on line yesterday and discoverd there is a recall for this problem what can I do to have this problem with my vehicle repaired" also, I saw my model vehicle has been recalled for a malfunctioning stop lamp switch. And, the wiring harness for the right front seat belt tension sensor has a defect which can prevent the air bag from deploying in the event of a crash. How do I get these defects on my auto corrected"

- Mount Royal, NJ, USA

Dec 302009

Azera

I have had a problem with the headlights dimming on my 2006 Hyundai Azera. This happens at night when you let your foot off of the accelerator. The rpms drop to below 1,000 for a second, and then they rebound to normal on the tachometer. You think that the motor is going to stop, but it doesn't. this decrease in motor revolutions per minute causes a drop in the electricity being produced by the alternator, which causes the lights to dim. The car is about 4 years old and has been doing this for the last 2 years. The dealer has not been able to duplicate this problem.

- Foxboro, MA, USA

Mar 012007

Azera

2006 Hyundai Azera low beam headlights defects. Definite design flaw, preventing headlights to properly illuminate roadway. Hyundai owner forums on-line address the problem by many, many other owners, but mfg. Refuses to deal with the problem, or even address my E-mail complaints. I also have a 2008 Hyundai Azera, with perfect headlight illumination. Dealer says 2008 headlight bulbs are not adaptable to my 2006 model, without replacing the whole assembly. Many drivers report on the forum's that driving on unlit rural roads, make it almost impossible to see anything on the roadway more than a few feet ahead, such as a deer or road debris. A simple replacement assembly would correct the problem for all of us.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA

Nov 242009

Azera

I too have had a problem with the headlights dimming on my 2006 Hyundai Azera. This happens at night when you let your foot off of the accelerator. The problem is the rpms drop to below 1,000 for a second, and then they rebound to normal on the tachometer. You think that the motor is going to stop, but it doesn't. this decrease in motor revolutions per minute causes a drop in the electricity being produced by the alternator, which causes the lights to dim. The car is about 3 1/2 years old and has been doing this for the last 18 months. The dealer has not been able to duplicate this driving the car during the daytime. However, it maybe related to the fuel injectors. After using fuel injector cleaner, the RPM drop off on deceleration seems to be less severe.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Nov 182008

Azera

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Azera. While driving 35 mph on a dark road, the driver was unable to see a deer in the road because the headlights were shining only 20 feet ahead. As a result, the deer was struck by the vehicle. The driver was uninjured and the vehicle was not damaged. The vehicle was driven to the driver's residence. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they stated that the headlights were not defective. The manufacturer stated that there was a recall relating to the headlights, but it did not apply to the vehicle. The current mileage was 33,375 and failure mileage was 33,300.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Jun 122006

Azera

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Azera. The contact noticed that the exterior lighting would only illuminate when driving for approximately fifty to sixty feet. As a consequence, visibility was significantly reduced. He took the vehicle to a dealer and they stated that the lighting met specifications. He called the manufacturer and never received a response. The failure mileage was 21,000 and current mileage was 34,000.

- Terre Haute, IN, USA

Aug 252008

Azera

2006 Hyundai Azera limited I just purchased has a headlight problem. The headlights go out at any time for two to three seconds, then come back on. Usually this occurs when coming to a stop, but not always. Maybe this is the reason the previous owner sold the car. We called the local dealer and were told it was a problem they haven't found a solution to yet, and the dealer at three other Azera owners with the same problem. The dealer said there is a voltage drop in the charging system, and it is more noticeable at night when the headlights are on. I have noticed the voltage drop during the day also by seeing the speedometer lights dim. This is so annoying, and is a safety issue. Could even become a problem of road rage if my headlights flash on and off at an irate driver in front of me. I can't believe there is no solution!

- Sheboygan, WI, USA

Jun 152007

Azera

Hyundai Azera 2006 when it reach 9,000 miles the front headlights began dimming while driving at night. I have brought it back to the dealership 3 times and they state that "this condition does not adversely affect visibility or headlamp illumination in any manner. This condition is normal and does not reflect any malfunction of the electrical system. Do not attempt to repair this condition." Well, my lights going out for 5 seconds could mean the end of someone's life! this is a major problem that Hyundai is not addressing and I am mad! does it need to begin to end in deaths before there is a fix?

- Richmond, VA, USA