2.1

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Apr 112016

Santa Fe

I have owned this vehicle for 3 years now. This now makes 3 years that I have had to replace the ac condenser. Due to the design of the oil coolant filter and the two piping that run in between the oil coolant filter and the ac condenser causes it to rub against the ac condenser and overtime puncture it and put a hole through the condenser.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 192014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

I got a recall letter in the mail on Sept. 19, 2014. I call the people about the letter but no one got back to me about the recall. I need to know is my car in danger of hurting me or my family. I would like to know.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 212013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

I called Hyundai after having an issue with my rear tire and just purchasing 4 brand new tires. The rear of the vehicle looked bent and after not understanding why it appeared this way I looked up recalls. I was given a recall champagne #090 by Hyundai and told my vehicle was coved for repair. I brought the vehicle (unsafely) drove it 10-15 mph to the location to have it repaired. Approximately a month late the dealer contacts me and says that my vehicle is ready for pick up. I ask more questions about it and find out that they did the front frame of the vehicle and never even looked at the back! the dealer claims the champagne # 090 is for the front and the back frame is not covered. I went back and forth between Hyundai and the dealer and I was told by Hyundai it was covered but they never called the dealer directly. I was then told by Hyundai I had to wait for the regional office to contact me. I literally waited till December 16. 2013 and still ended up with no help from Hyundai. I did research and even being told afterwards that Hyundai gave me a incorrect champagne # I still should of had the rear sub frame repaired and any parts which it caused other damages, for example; the bushings and a new rear tire. I also have proof that all 2003 Hyundai santafe vehicles made from Jan 2003 through June 2003, which covers my vehicle. Any help from your company is much appreciated since my twin boys who are in college was using this vehicle.

- Bloomingburg , NY, USA

Oct 272009

Santa Fe

Since the Hyundai Santa Fe 2003 had 1500 miles on it we were told the rotors had to be replaced because of rust. Since then we have had brakes and rotors replaced several times.transmission lost fluid because of rusted cooling line. Just replaced power steering lines because lost fluid due to rusted lines. Now we are losing brake fluid due to rust. Vehicle has 42500 miles..car purchased new in Aug. 2003.

- Carmel, NY, USA

Jan 202004

Santa Fe 4WD

Vehicle reads different mileage than what its suppose to be. The vehicle locks itself. (keys on peg in the house and it locks. Per consumer)

- North Port, FL, USA