- May 21: Hyundai Peeling Paint Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- May 21: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Recalls Investigated investigations | 9 days ago
- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 48 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Santa Fe Sport After Engines Seize recalls | 54 days ago
- April 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Stall Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 57 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Worst 2012 Santa Fe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems34NHTSA complaints: 100
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems4
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 9
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.