- October 7: Hyundai Sonata Brake System Lawsuit Gets Partial Green Light
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Stalling Engines
- August 10: Hyundai Genesis Brake Fluid Defect Will Cost Hyundai $17.35 Million
- August 2: Hyundai Recalls 419,000 Santa Fe, Sonata and Veracruz Cars
- July 30: Hyundai Recalls 883,000 Sonatas That Could Roll Away
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Worst 2012 Santa Fe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems16NHTSA complaints: 68
- AC / heater problems2
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1
- transmission problems1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 12
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.