- December 9: Hyundai Recalls 43,000 Cars To Repair Faulty Brake Lights
- December 7: Hyundai Wants Santa Fe Engine Problems Lawsuit Dismissed
- December 5: Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Warranty Extended
- November 4: EPA Fines Hyundai and Kia $350 Million Over False MPG Claims
- October 7: Hyundai Sonata Brake System Lawsuit Gets Partial Green Light
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Worst 2012 Santa Fe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems17NHTSA complaints: 88
- AC / heater problems3
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1
- transmission problems1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 19
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 11
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.