- July 19: Hyundai Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Still Has Light news | 10 days ago
- June 27: Hyundai Agrees to Settle Santa Fe Engine Stall Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- May 22: Hyundai Sonata Unintended Acceleration Events in Reverse? investigations | 68 days ago
- May 9: Hyundai and Kia Recall 50 Cars to Repair Airbags recalls | 81 days ago
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Worst 2012 Santa Fe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems25NHTSA complaints: 99
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems4
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 20
- steering problemsNHTSA: 9
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.