2004 Hyundai Santa Fe transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jan 192016

Santa Fe LX

I wish I had researched a little bit more, before buying this piece of trash. I did not know until after I purchased, that it was a piece of junk. I brought it 3 years ago, used just as a second vehicle. I have only really driven it on the weekends. Well my other car needed some work, so I started driving this one. Now, 2 weeks in and the check engine light came on, the transmission started slipping (more than usual) and it went completely out. I mean it had sounded as if it wanted stalled for a while now, but when I took it in for service, they said it was fine. Now what?

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Oct 162010

Santa Fe 3.2L V6

When I bought my car in 2010, it was four years old, and at the time it had a slight issue with the auto transmission shifting gears uphill. Now, four years later, it jerks a lot during driving as if it is struggling to shift gears and it doesn't matter if I am going uphill, downhill or on level terrain. I feel as if the transmission is slipping.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA