2006 Hyundai Santa Fe drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Feb 242012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

On February 24, 2012 I went out to my car to go to daycare and work my car was lowered to the ground all four tires seem to be flat. I called the closest garage. They towed my car, repaired it for $2028.91. In September 2014., I received a recall from Hyundai for the coil spring. After 6 months correspondence with them, they gave me only $949.03. I feel they should reimburse me the entire expenses.

- Geneva, NY, USA

Jan 162015

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Car races at idle while in park or neutral to 3,500 RPM. While in drive or reverse the car continues to race but at a lower level(1,200-1,500 RPM). The car surges while braking requiring harder pedal pressure than normal. Racing is continuous at all speeds requiring less accelerator pressure than normal. A complaint was filed today 1/19/15 with Hyundai and a case # 7614630 was provided. This owner expressed his concerns to Hyundai representative with safety of car due to racing and surging especially under wet or ice conditions. The rep. Scheduled a service appointment with the Hyundai shrewsbury, NJ dealership for 1/22/15.

- Ocean Grove, NJ, USA