5.6

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Santa Fe 6-cyl

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe. Consumer writes in regards to front coil spring corrosion recall notice and fuel tank replacement parts still not available to complete repairs.

- West Orange, NJ, USA

Aug 122010

Santa Fe

Every summer when the temperature reaches 100' randomly with out cause my 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe experiences a problem while driving with the A/C on, where the passenger compartment suddenly fills with the taste and smell of raw fuel fumes, choking me and any passenger in the vehicle, . the vehicle has been to my dealer every summer for this same reason, . this 12 August, the 'incident happened when I was only 4.2 miles from the dealer, and rove directly there, while on the bluetooth with Hyundai America. The Hyundai service manager and several senior service writers witnessed the 'incident' gas fumes could bee seen roiling from under the hood, . for four years, since I purchased this vehicle, the dealer has been unable to re-create the problem, not only did they witness this first hand, but duplicated it again, . after my car was returned to me, as Hyundai America refused to buy the vehicle back, I was told by a regional 'parts manager', who called me from a cell phone so the conversation could not be recorded, and told me the problem had been documented, however, it is a problem unique to my car, and for me not to drive with the A/C on in the Arizona desert, during the summer, .

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 182008

Santa Fe

Surging. Sometimes when applying brakes, feels like you are also laying on the gas pedal. Other times, when just barely accelerating, it's like taking off at the starting line. Real surging, it's scary. My wife doesn't like driving it because of this problem. The service tech's at the dealer says nothing is wrong, that it is designed to do this. I find that to be stupid, or not true.

- Arvada, CO, USA