2006 Hyundai Santa Fe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Mar 012015

Santa Fe

At first I noticed that sometimes (randomly) when I started my car after sitting for a longer period like 6 or 8 hours that I'd turn the key and without pressing any pedals the vehicle's rpms start to climb up slowly. It max's out at 4000rpms and stays there for awhile then will decrease on its own after awhile (random timing always). If I step on the gas as its revving up it releases and goes back down. If I brake it does nothing. So after a few weeks of noticing this problem, taking it to the mechanic and having the throttle body cleaned, and a gasket replaced the vehicle has now started to rev up on its own after I release the gas pedal when driving at high speeds of 80 or over. I let off the gas then it revs up quickly to 4000 then again quickly shoots back down below normal. It didn't do the highway problem as much I noticed when the fuel was low, but when I filled my tank the problem came back again. It did still rev on it's own from cold start the whole time still regardless of fuel level. I noticed this week it now jumps when I put it in drive or reverse after a cold start and the other day it seemed to lose its gusto as I was turning a corner, then it revved high and went back to normal. This is all very scary and I am concerned as I read more and more that this is a wide spread problem that could cause injury or fatality. No one seems to be able to say what the problem is, just that it could be a bunch of things.

- Brantford,On,Canada N3r1z9, CA, USA

Feb 242012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

On February 24, 2012 I went out to my car to go to daycare and work my car was lowered to the ground all four tires seem to be flat. I called the closest garage. They towed my car, repaired it for $2028.91. In September 2014., I received a recall from Hyundai for the coil spring. After 6 months correspondence with them, they gave me only $949.03. I feel they should reimburse me the entire expenses.

- Geneva, NY, USA