8.0

1. replacement (3 reports)
  2. both visors replaced (2 reports)
  3. cut wires (1 reports)
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Nov 242014

Santa Fe V6

First of all, the driver side visor never stayed and always fell on my head when I had it down. A year after I bought my car the driver side visor had a short in the wires which caused me to have a very dead battery. I replaced the battery myself but then the battery died again the following week because I didn't know it was my visor causing the problem. I took it to a mechanic and they said that the battery connector wires must be shorted so they replaced one of the wires. A week later, it was dead again and I took it back. Eventually, they figured out by accident (they pulled the visor down, and it fell on them) that they wires were shorted so they cut the visor wires. A simple solution that costs me 2 batteries and labor. I still can't use my visor because now nothing holds it up.

- , Tiffin, OH, USA

Sep 102011

Santa Fe LX 2.7L V6

Sunvisor fell down and just hung by wires. Tried to prop up, etc. Dealer wanted over $400 to repair. Too expensive to repair so did not. Had visor removed because it kept falling down and blocking view. It is a real safety issue, live in SOuth FLorida and sun is so bright and cannot see without visor. This was my 4th Hyundai and was happy with the other three. This 2007 Santa Fe has been a true disappoinment and will certainly stop me from purchasing another Hyundai.

- , PORT ST LUCIE, FL, USA

Feb 012013

Santa Fe

Both sun visors failed within weeks of each other. The plastic clip that keeps the metal arm secured to the plastic mount failed in both cases. The passenger side was an annoyance, but the driver side could have been very serious as these visors are wired for the vanity mirror light (meaning they stay attached but dangling from the roof) and my view was completely obstructed as I approached an intersection at 40 m.p.h.

- , Tempe, AZ, USA

Apr 092013

Santa Fe

After getting the driver side visor fixed, the passenger side visor is broken. I feel that the parts are cheaply made. This always happens after warranty expires. I don't know how they could have broken because they weren't used that much or any more than any other car I've owned and None of my other cars had this happen.

- , Baytown, TX, USA

Feb 072013

Santa Fe LX V6

This is just ridiculous, both of the sun vizors fall off, without anything to hold it, but the electrical wire for the light.

The dealer is just on full denial, on something that has been fully reported on the internet all it is a known problem of this cars. How do the make a vizor with a handle of cheap plastic???

An on top of that is a dealer only item, that cost 100.00 dollars???

Really pissed off about that!!!!!!!

- , Miramar, FL, USA

Aug 022011

Santa Fe GLS 3.3L

Both sun visors when flipped down fell out of roof, hanging by light wires. This alone tells us how crappy this car is!!!!! ...And I have dealer service report stating this.

- , Mechanicsville, VA, USA